The Canon G5000 series include waste ink pads more prone to fill up with waste ink, particularly when there have been clogging issues or priming problems.
The G5 printer Potty kit provides the necessary reset key to clear the waste ink counter along with the physical waste kit to redirect the waste ink out of the printer and into the Printer Potty tank, making it much easier to keep the printer running and free of the need to change pads in the future.
Printer Potty Kit: Duo-G5
*Please note that newer versions of the megatank printer may have user replaceable maintenance box units (eg: MC-G02) so it’s important to check that your printer is not one of those models before purchasing.
Installation Video G5050:
Service mode for Canon G5050
To get into Service mode the button presses for this model are different to established guides (including the current 5.70 WICReset instructions shown by the app). The correct process is as follows:
- Make sure the printer has the power and USB cables plugged in.
- The printer should be powered off.
- Press and hold the power button
- Press and release the stop (red triangle) button 5 (five) times
The error and power lights should alternate each time the stop button is pressed & released.
- Now release the power button
- The printer should now show a block of grey/black across the whole LED screen
- If you’re using the WICReset app you should be able to refresh the detected device list and see the printer detected in service mode.
You’re now ready to proceed with the reset process.