The Epson Stylus RX500 can be reset using the printers own button panel using the following process:
- Screen reads “Printer error-see your documentation or call service if necessary“.
- Turn printer off.
- With the printer off, press and hold: B&W + Color + Stop + Load/Eject + Power (on/off)
- Continue to hold them down until the red light (!) starts. flashing (otherwise you’re just turning it on).
- On screen message is “Init. EEPROM“
- Press the Color button, upon which the screen adds to the message “push power sw“.
The printer will now power/turn off.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Press On button.
Alternative approach for Overflow Counter:
- From the off position, press and hold: Setup + Clear + Power (on/off).
- Screen display’s “COPY ENDURANCE“.
- Press the Select > a couple times until it gets to “Rst. Ink OFC“.
- Press the Color button.
- Clean/soak up ink in sponge (inside far left).
- Follow the screen instructions and to exit and shut down the printer.