When trying to open/run or install the WICReset utility on a Windows you keep being redirected to the Microsoft Store with a message “The app you’re trying to install isn’t a microsoft verified app”.
Your Windows App settings are set to install from the Microsoft store only and because the app is not officially recommended/verified by Microsoft you’re being blocked.
On your windows PC do the following:
- Click the windows/start icon (bottom left)
- Click the “Settings” cog icon
- Click on “Apps”
- Locate the section near the top-middle of the screen that says “Choose where to get apps”
- It probably says “The Microsoft Store only (recommended)” at present
- Change this to:
- Close the “Settings” window and try running the WICReset app again.
- Once the WICReset utility has been installed successfully you may want to revert the setting back to what is was.